View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #24
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: What kinda sorta rare job have you done for a living ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I tried to go EOD but I was in the Mafia, they wouldn't let me go. They went all the way to COMNAVAIRPAC and had him call the Bureau who after that wouldn't talk to me (illegal). My brother said they probably saved my life. I say B.S. I had bigger plans.
I agree good you got out of that job ,what is the life years of a EOD ?

[quote=100%Chevy;8467984]Nothing as good as the rest of you!
I did work as an electrician in the research and development dept of a chemical company for nearly 10 years.I saw a lot of bad,dangerous ( and very deadly) experiments and inventions.
Spent time on a nuclear sub in the early 70's.About 3 months for the security clearance.

Met a lot of guys who was on subs went to work at a Nuclear Site

[QUOTE='63GENIII;8468009]Had a couple of paper routes in the city as a kid. Got the first one at 9 and by 11 had 4 of them. One day while collecting the subscription money, this middle aged lady answered the door in an open robe. She wasn't exactly pretty but I was 10 and almost peed myself. I couldn't even ask for the money. First time seeing boobs not in a magazine. I pretty much turned and ran. Can still hear her giggling. After that I would take my best friend collecting with me.

It never happened again either.

I had a paper route when I was 12 and one day I went to deliver a paper and the sherriff told me to just skip this house . guy shot his wife and then himself dead.

[QUOTE=davischevy;8468593]In 1990 we built a high dollar boat house on Bull Shoals Lake. This thing was state of the art, top to bottom.

Sounds interesting Larry ,,I got to experience buikding something on unlevel ground too ..not as elaberate as yours ,,but..I once built a fish tender buiding on a barge on Lopez Island out from Aberdeen Wa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrollin70gmc View Post
I also ran Zamboni for about a year. Watched more hockey and drove in more circles than I thought possible. But a good job and badge of honor in hockey country.
Had to look up what a Zamboni was ,,now I can say I know a guy who shaves ice. is it a heated cab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968k20 View Post
I am a saw filer here in Chester,Ca.
What kind of saws do you sharpen ? circle/ gang/band we had them all in the sawmill I worked in ..except band saw