View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #40
hooperca

Re: 25 gallon Fuel tank in a SWB?

Glad things are working out for you. I did notice one other potential problem though. The top of the raised ribs on the tank can't be any higher than the top of the frame. If you notice on my pictures, those raised ribs are a little higher than the top of the frame. The lower portions - where the straps are, are basically level. However, the braces on the bottom of the bed are straight and will sit right on top of the frame rails. So, those raised areas will be too high. Not a big issue I don't think. Maybe tack some additional stips to the top straps to lower the tank a little and just don't draw up the bottom straps?? Haven't really thought through it yet but, again, don't think it's a big deal.

I've moved on to my exhaust for now. But, if you come up with something on lowering the tank to completely clear the bed braces, please fill me in! Again, the bed braces will be located at those very back slotted holes on the end of the rails, and the set of holes that are 12" forward of those slotted holes. Everything else should be ok as the next bed brace will be attached where the frame raises for the rear suspension, etc.

Together, we'll figure it out!!
hooperca is offline   Reply With Quote