View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #99
BlueJeep

Re: My Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon with the C.B. and optional rally fun pack

Thanks guys! I'm building it to drive, and to drive a LOT. I'm making build decisions that will hopefully allow for that, and I'd like future maintenance to be easy and quick. Even though my plan is to leave the exterior paint as-is, I still want the interior to be sealed up and nice. The guy I bought it from thought I should fix it up, and then try to wear it out again (so put a lot of miles on it) and I do plan to.

I have a 4' Tennsmith brake, though I haven't used it yet on this project. The inner rockers are 6' long, so I had to enlist in some help from a friend with a bigger brake for those. Many of the other bends have not been straight so I've been using the tipping wheel on the bead roller to start the bend, and then using hammer and dolly to get it where I want it. For shearing, I have a cheap one of those 3 finger shears that cuts 1/4" strip out for rough cutting. Then I have a Beverly shear that I absolutely love and cut everything I can on it. I also use hand snips, cutoff wheels, and an air saw as needed for the job.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote