View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:56 AM   #16
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Mac View Post
Flames look good!
I got my brakes together and bleed. I did add another port on my PS pump so I can run 2 returns lines couple days ago. Installed rebuilt pump while I had everything apart.
I slapped the wheels on and was going to take a quick spin before the 6" of snow falls tonight. Slid under truck to check for leaks and found fitting going to residual valve dripping. Went to tighten and the fitting broke. Glad I found it before I headed out. Anyway went to parts store and bought a change of oil while I was there. Will have to wait on test ride at least another week, going to be very cold.
Almost forgot I replaced both flex lines to calipers too. They looked to be 1978 original! While I had the wheels off I noticed axle seal was leaking so that may be next week's project. I enjoy reading about everyone's projects.
Mac
Thanks idbeast and Kevin! That encouragement should get me going today.

Ahh, the maintenance! You just reminded me that I had finished my '55 Chevy sedan in 1981. It has flex lines... It has axle seal... It has...
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote