View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #59
special-K
Special Order

Re: Longest you've owned a vehicle? Here's our FIFTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llay R. Rac View Post
as of valentines day this year i have owned my sub 50 years.
me and the truck about 1972.
That's fantastic. I always said if I lived in the SW I'd keep the same vehicle going forever. Ended up back east where the elements and the gov't sponsored metal eating program makes that pretty much impossible. People could just stay home 6 or so days a year or use chains like they used to.

Like I said, I've had my toddler 18 years now. But when people ask if it's for sale my standard reply is not yes or no, it's "This one's my keeper". I've already been through a lot with this pony and this cowboy's gonna ride'r into the sunset. I'll do it one day, but haven't wanted to restore it because I don't want to loose riding time with it. Also don't want it too nice to go in it and do with it as I've been. My younger son will have this truck when I'm gone

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote