View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #50
BLAC

Re: 1959 Fleetside Short Bed Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I would also say if you want to get lower to wait til the engine, trans and all fluids are in it - then drive a bit to let everything settle.

If it's STILL too tall for you skip all the shenanigans with flipping the main leaf or screwing with the spring mounting pad and just go with Posie's Super Sliders. They offer up to 3" lowering (I think) BUT remember that dimension is from original stock height and your stock springs have ALREADY settled inches since new.

Having said all this, why go through all this work and expense and later lose it all by switching to IFS? I was going to do exactly the same you're doing until I realized the cost of the dropped straight axle, Super Sliders and power steering kit would almost be the same as a good quality IFS kit.

PS: My engine is an LQ4. Is yours or an LQ9? Mine's from a 2011 (if I remember right) N Series Isuzu delivery van and has the 4l85e trans behind it.
I am definitely going to wait to do anything until I get the motor and trans in the truck and everything is settled.

I was going to just jump into the IFS but I got a practically brand new CPP dropped axel, disk brake conversion, power steering box, new leafs, shocks, and all hardware for $550. I just couldn't pass on the deal.

Mine is an lq4, but the only difference is the pistons and i'm going to do a forged rotating assembly anyway