View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:33 AM   #2848
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

What did I do today, well, not much, but was out there for more than my 5 minutes! Something hit me today, I am about to send off a bunch of stuff to be powder coated with the rad support as one of them. What hit me was will the stock rad support clear the hood when the hood is sectioned 2.5 inches? DUH! I never thought of this. So I made a template of the support and went up into my garage attic where the fenders and hood are to see if I could figure it out and it is REALLY close as far as I can figure, like a quarter inch! Soooo, I am not really sure if this is going to work out or not. I may have to modify the top of the rad support removing that stock braces across the top and making a lower one as I think it will still clear the rad I have. If anyone has a 47-53 Chevy truck with the front sheetmetal on and no engine who could get inside the engine compartment with a little 2.5 inch cardboard measuring device and see if it fits above the rad support with the hood closed I would greatly appreciate it.

Right now, I am just planning on having it all done and if I have to modify the rad support so be it.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote