View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #178
MrFinland

Re: Shop truck build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whamo View Post
I would like you to meet Mutheau. She is the 1st student that I made eye contact with and she changed my whole view of why we were in Africa and what we needed to be doing.
Her story is intricate and amazing. I will mess some of the details up, but here are the important parts:
Mutheau was born with a rare form of Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) that reoccured several times in her infancy and doctors did not believe she would live to the age of 10.
At the age of 6 she had an extremely large head and was unable to walk because of it.
Around this time, her mother carried her to church (the church we were there with) to ask for financial assistance. The church welcomed the family in, helped them out and began praying over and for Mutheau...within months, her head had dramatically shrank in size and Mutheau could lift her head. The doctors had no explanation for it.
At the age of 8 she went to Pastor Fred and asked that he change her name. The name she had been given at birth, by her grandmother, meant darkness and fog...Mutheau realized that her name no longer fit her and she wanted it changed...She was christened Mutheau, which means hope...
Mutheau is now 12...She is quite small, has some physical issues and is rather behind in school. But...she is rapidly learning, her handwriting is meticulous and her math is better than mine. She is a bit shy but her smile is demanding and she is absolutely delightful.
Take this for what you will...you can poo-poo the prayer part, you can say it was all coincidence that makes for a good story...what you can't write off is the faith this little girl has in her Big God and how He used her to grab my soul and shake up my world.
Wau Whamo!!! I've just read your story in Kenya and I am really happy to hear what happened Mutheau. Prayer changes things and God is powerful! God bless you!!
MrFinland is offline   Reply With Quote