View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Daily Driving a Square Suburban

My Suburban is a crew cab shortbed, too! . Most of the time it's a regular cab longbed, though. I like that I carry the same carpentry tools that I did in the '92 K3500 regular cab SRW the 'Burb replaced, but who would think? I feel a lot better leaving it parked in more places. Also, DOT is getting crappy on contractors in light trucks when they used to only bother over 5t... basically anything dual rear wheel. I fly under that radar.

About the rust. I always washed the '92 K3500 out, and I bought that new. It had one bad cab corner in about 15 years and when I got out of it after 22 years the rockers were getting bad. Sometimes the weather does not allow washing out for long periods. Especially with these polar vortex events we have been getting. Also, that God forsaken pre-treatment with brine is way more corrosive. I want to march on the state capital over that state sponsored destruction of property. My windshield wipers are rusty! Never seen that. They'll be calling for snow on Friday and Wednesday morning they'll be out drizzling that crap. Then it won't even snow! I never thought I'd ever say this, but "I'd rather have salt"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote