View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #64
Coley

Re: Longest you've owned a vehicle? Here's our FIFTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrainman View Post
I still have my first car ,I got it 42 years ago in 1977 , In 1974 while I was walking home from school I discovered it in a garage that happened to be open one day ,the garage was set way back down a long driveway so I only had a limited veiw ,but I knew that I wanted that car , a few months later while walking home from school the home owner was outside raking his lawn, So I asked him if the car was for sale .. He looked up at me with a half glance and just looked back down and started raking the grass without one word to me . that car never left that garage and I never saw that garage door opened again as I walked by there everyday from school from 1974-77

In 1976 I got my first job pumping gas at a local gas station and that guy would come in for gas every saturday never said a word to me other then fill er up with hight test ,then one saturday in June of 1977 he came in said filler up and then he said hey Son remember you asked about the car in my garage , I said yea he said you paint my house and the car is yours , I said ok when. he said when I buy the paint you can start ,28 window big Victorian house took me most of the summer to paint it and the garage to.

the day I finished his wife came out gave me title and the keys and told me that her husband said enjoy the car , and come get it when you want . The car had only 3,216 miles on it , the day I picked the car up I asked his wife if it was her car she told me no it was there daughters car they bought for her new and she ran away with some guy to California about 6 months after they purchased for her 18th birthday . this car is very special to me and I would never sell it, even though back in the 70s and in the 80s I could not tell you how many offers I had on this car its a shame I cant even drive it the last time I drove it was in 2001 and everytime I stoped I was asked about it and is it for sale. I had to say it was a clone and not the real deal. the funny part is that I did not even relize what I had untill owning the car for about 3 years. when I took it back out in 2001 I insured it with Hagarty Insurance and got a call from Jim Hagarty himself wanting to look at it and make me a offer on the car,we actuly became friends and I will tell you he has some collection of cars I have seen in person and cars are his second passion his boat collection is second to none.
...I'm getting the feeling that this didn't happen, lol

Or? ..what is the car?

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote