View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #19
T/C

Re: Bagged 66 swb stepside project: Major Chip Hazard

Update

I went in circles on what i wanted to do to get the last bit of drop that i need in the back i was almost to the point of cutting off the back half and fanning up a new rear frame section.

But before i did i got a wild hair and trimmed the frame a little bit where the radius arms make contact it actually didn’t take as much as i thought it would to drop it down on to the crossmember. I have a tad bit more to trim then Boxing it all in doing some fish plates and going to just run a 2” block (this puts the arms really close to the scrub line but will be okay.

Up front i have right at 3” more to drop the frame on the ground. The ball joints are maxed out though and i don’t want them maxed out even if they do it right when the frame hits the ground.

I am debating between 2.5” spindles and the belltech 3” spindles but need to do more research as i was told that the belltechs are a lot wider then others. For the ball joint issues i am thinking I’m just going to do pie cuts to release the stress just a tad.

I could still do a 1” crossmember section but I’m so close without doing it and would really prefer to avoid all of the troubles that come along with doing it.

Input welcome on my issues!

Here is it sits as of now
Attached Images

T/C is offline   Reply With Quote