View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:39 AM   #14
350TacoZilla

Re: why the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short 3/4 View Post
I'm trying to figure out what I have in my pile 'o parts.
My two solid sticks are identical, but the multi-piece one is thicker and about 6" shorter, plus the bend is closer to the base. Would this be correct for a 65?
Are the transmission towers different depending on which stick it came with, or are they all interchangeable?
Finally has anybody replaced the rubber within the lower end? Factory manual refers to them as 'Polyurethane "O" rings'. Where would you get the correct part?
Thanks,
Tom
Its always hard to say without seeing the parts but from what I've seen and read here then yes the multi piece one should be for 65-66. The bend & length being different would make me wonder if it wasn't out of something odd like the old c50 bus's or something. Maybe post up a pic or 2 comparing them. I'm also not sure if the factory ones are supposed to be interchangeable but I know a ton of square body guys change out the multi piece ones for solid ones or weld them up tight due to them getting loose repeatedly. I personally bought a brand new solid one just to avoid all that when I was hunting for parts and kept finding sloppy shifters.

Novak sells the solid one and says this as title "Stick, shifter cane, SM420 & SM465 transmissions, upgraded one-piece version"

Last edited by 350TacoZilla; 03-12-2019 at 02:45 AM.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote