View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #157
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

I also got the pedals halfway stuck in place so I can get an idea how that's going to work out. Right now everything is looking like if I notch that tube then it's sitting on and sink that sleeve about half or two-thirds of the way through it it'll end up being exactly where I need to be and just clear the exhaust manifold by about a half an inch while still traveling in the proper ark so it doesn't drag on the floor. I don't remember exactly how high the pedal set originally when I first got the truck. But it seems like if I pull the brake pedal far enough to be contacting the switch it sticks way through the floor to the point that it's almost uncomfortable to get my foot on it. I can play with the pedal ratio when I run the linkage from the pedal down to my brake booster. but it seems like about two-thirds of the way up is where it would feel natural. I'm going to wait to mount the pedals though until later this spring when it's warm out and I can roll it outside and pull the front clip off of it. Even with the motor in it, with the outer and inner fenders removed there area for the pedals will be wide-open where right now is just kind of a pain to get to. It is nice that so far everything seems to be coming together right as I had planned. I'm sure at some point that will stop being the case but for now I'm happy.

Nick
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote