Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #439
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6chevyguy View Post
Well for some reason I'm not receiving my email notifications some or all of the time so I have not read any new posts from march 7 to today in this thread until today.???

Anyway John Sorry about the tailgate but glad you got the truck back and getting some work done on her.
Thanks so much....Its pretty much been sand sand sand the last couple of days.....I have the topside of the hood, drivers fender, top part of the grill support, drivers side cowl, drivers side door jamb, half the back of the cab and half the roof sanded down to metal.

The underside of the hood is currently sitting in oven cleaner and will let it sit for a day or so before I spray it off and see whats left.

Also got some filler spread in a couple of low places I saw while sanding.

I don't want to jinx myself but I have only found about 4 spots with bondo on the and 2 of them are in the back of the cab.

Once I take everything apart then I will get the edges ...Just gotta maximize my space since the truck and hood take up so much space. So once the hood is cleaned and sanded down Ill put some epoxy primer on it and then put it back on the truck then take off the front clip.

Im just going to put epoxy on most things then block it down, put fiiller where needed and try to get it pretty straight, the epoxy again and 2 coats of high build and then start the final blocking steps...190, 220 and 320...So hopefully I don't miss to many spots...lol
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote