View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #19
James Lamb

Re: Suburban tailgate glass run channels

Thanks a lot for checking. I'm waiting to hear back from a source as well. There's a couple of possible Suburbans being parted out in the Atlanta area that are on Craigslist. Was hoping to find something closer, but at this point I'd just be glad to find something anywhere. Of course, a Suburban in Georgia is likely to have those parts as rusted as mine. I would hate to make a drive that long for nothing.

Guy on eBay was a weird thing. When you sent me that link I thought "bingo!". He just didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered. He's in California - maybe he gets enough business locally shipping something across the US is more than he wanted to deal with? He pretty much said the only option was buy an entire tailgate. My reply was, well I did have a chip in the glass on mine - are the channels and glass in good shape, not scratched or rusted. His reply was I'd have to go get a flashlight and shine down in there to check. Like it was a bother. I've run into this before - people running a business who act like potential customers are annoying them. If I treated visitors to my museum like that I'd get fired.

I was telling someone at work today, I spent less time removing, rebuilding and replacing the engine and transmission in my truck than I have trying to find 2 pieces if stamped sheet metal.

I do have spring breaK coming up. Was hoping to spend it working on things. I may be spending it driving around looking at junked trucks.
James Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote