View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:27 AM   #57
special-K
Special Order

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

To find original music you need to go back thousands of years. Most American music we listen to today, such as rock and country, find their roots in blues music. People find it hard to believe that their country music they love comes out of blues music they don't like. The only stealing going on with music is done by record companies who made a business of making money off of the creative artists. John Fogerty can't even play his own music he created with his band Creedence Clearwater Revival. The record company "owns" it through underhanded contract practices. In fact, I believe he couldn't even make new recordings for X amount of years under any other label.

I was listening to J.J. Cale back in this era. He was about as original as it gets in the modern world. He wrote music the ever so popular Eric Clapton is famous for. And it wasn't stealing. They were friends til the day JJ passed away

And another well known group did this one of his

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote