View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #2763
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quick status update: Truck hasn't been driven for the last week and a half because I've been under the weather.

Got her out today, wiped her down with a moist microfiber towel and dried with another new one. Used the wax recommended by BlackSheep (Mark). It's called Collinite 845 and it is truly great. I love it. If your paint is new (like mine and his are) or pristinely clean, it makes them butter smooth and shiny. Takes VERY little and is easy on/easy off.

Took her around the corner to the dog park with my small dogs. Only really stepped on it a bit but she's got plenty. Waay more performance than I'll ever need. I'm still not happy with the front wheels rubbing near full lock. I'm getting used to the lack of boost power steering. The huge wheel helps and I'm almost happy to refinish it and leave it as an homage to what this truck once was. I'm just not all the impressed with the many, many $400 aftermarket steering wheels. Some are nice, just not $400 nice!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote