View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: favorite old things

I have more old things than new. I'll take old over new on most anything and that's where I've ended up. It's all special to me, but I do have things that are personally sentimental. Many things I've had for a long time. I started caring for and collecting Matchbox cars once I started out growing them. That was right when Hot Wheels came out. I only bought one Hot Wheels that first years, the Mustang and I still have that. I live in an old house, have antique furniture, many pf the lights in the house are restored antique. It just goes on from there, all the way to the rolling garbage can I was issued in '87 and keep it going still. I put new plastic wheels on it when an original broke and last year one of those broke. Now it has a pair of steel wheels/pneumatic tires . I'd get them to give me a new one but they are smaller now. "Don't make them like they used to"

I had a Sea King just like that, I believe. It belonged to an old friend's dad, same kind of deal. He had it since new. He might have had a boat or two of his own along the way, but he still had the one I had on a stand. I kept it running and used it a good bit over the years, but had to let it go. I hadn't been using it. As I recall it was built by Evinrude
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-18-2019 at 11:48 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote