View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:47 PM   #38
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

well, one step back, three steps forward. you say I got that wrong? not a chance, read on

I needed a solution to the cowl on this cab, the door was obviously windblown and REALLY dented the cowl as seen

the hinge plate is bent a little too, so I figured to make a template from the passenger side (for the correct angle) and flip it to get the jamb in the right spot. I planned to cut along the jamb, across the lead line, and at a point lower to peel the metal up enough to bang it flat. failing getting it flat, I knew bowtie bits sold that repair panel, but without the vent. so I ran by to look.

first, he has the 35 style taillights in stock again, I have wanted to use them on the last 3 trucks and they were completely out of stock everywhere. even online sellers showed them as available until you added them to cart. so I picked up a set for Kechi. I need to do an LED conversion, but I love the look.

I also picked up a core support while I was there, I was going to cut that GMC one I got at the swap meet but heck, might as well start with a chevy. and here was jeffs solution to by bent cowl

so while it LOOKS like I have to swap the s10 firewall chunk over that is welded in my current cab, its much easier done than said, AND this cab has a glovebox door AND this cab doesnt have rust in the windshield frame AND this cab has 3 hinges AND this cab has good hood hinges... so all I really need is some OEM 5 window glass because I have heard horror stories on making new glass fit

oh wait, remember that guy I cleaned out in salina a year ago? two sets of original corner glass.

so I am wondering what I will do with those days I was going to do rust repair. it needs some flat work on the floor but no problem there, and it has the same holes in the bottoms of the hinge pockets (firewall side) so no extra work there. maybe I will just go to the s10 salvage tomorrow and cut a new firewall chunk? maybe I will just design one from sheet, since I will be doing a few more.

anyway, pedal mounts tomorrow!
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote