View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

Seat cover supplier? Tilt seat back?

Hey guys, I've owned my 72 C10 over 15 years and put over 65k miles on it. One of the first things I did when I got it was have the seat recovered with a factory style scroll cover... It's finally split open on me and I need a new one. I'm not looking for cheap, I want good quality that will last another 15 years or more. I don't want houndstooth... Just black vinyl. I've done a couple different searches and "truck world" keeps coming up. So, who's a vendor for them? Or is there a better option? Don't read that as "is there a cheaper option".
I also relocated the gas tank under the bed a few years ago. It seems like now would be a good time to modify the seat to tilt forward to make use of the space where the tank used to be. I've read a couple posts that mention removing a bolt from the passenger side of the seat that will allow it to tilt... But I also want it to have a latch... Anyone have any experience with this? I talked to a shop that had suggested finding a donor seat from a Ford pickup and robbing the latch mechanism for use on my current seat... Some welding/fabrication will be required...

Anyway...
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Attached Images

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote