View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 12:52 AM   #399
HYPR

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Geez,
After reading some of the posts I feel like a slacker! However I am proud to say that my '72 C20 CS now has working brakes. The PO sold it to my buddy who owns a local body shop and he sold it to me. When he picked it up on his flat bed the PO said it had no brakes but he had replaced the MC and Booster. Well immediately from previous experience I knew all the flex lines needed to be replaced (wow that was fun finding them) and blowing out all the hard lines with compressed air to start completely fresh. I then with use of a Motive Power Bleeder (a pretty useless to for anything other than keeping the MC full of fluid because the adapter leaks at anything over 5 psi!) and a Vacuum bleeder and a set of new Russel Speed Bleeders.
I also fixed the screwy fuel line set up and replaced the useless OS electric fuel pump and got it running. Next will be replacing the sometimes it will work starter.