View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #14
68Gold/white

Re: Never know what you will find

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarts View Post
Well I have some news about you "Never know what you will find", well sorta. This week it seems that a few items came up on Craigslist, like the truck in this story that led to the time capsule of cars. I also had been dropping a few emails for a few items that popped up on Craigslist in the parts section. I just kept on sending emails once a day saying that I am interested and looking for the items for a few restoration projects.

Well the first one was a long bed that I have been trying to track down for a few days and finally got a response back. So after work I grabbed the flatbed trailer and brought it home for $200.

The second one was someone that had a bunch a parts left over from a few years back and the wife wanted them out of the garage. I was mostly interested in the GMC fenders for the 67 GMC K10 I picked up two weeks ago needs fenders. Once I got there and started talking to him he said he was interested in selling it all. I said how much and he said $200 should do it. I was surprised, shocked and elated at that same time. So here is the haul for this trip.
  • 2- doors with everything on them
  • 4- inner fenders
  • 1- complete core support
  • 1- 67 grill with hoop rings, emblem and center piece that goes between core support
  • 1- extra hoop ring for grill
  • 2- GMC fenders
  • 1- 67 hood
  • 2- battery trays
  • 2- high hump transmission covers 1 is for a 4x4
  • 4- radiator support fastners with rubber
  • 1- 6 cylinder fan shroud finger guard
  • 3- cowls

After I paid him I asked questions about his 67 project truck. We talked about what it used to be, the things he has done to it and what was left to be done. I offered to work with him and teach him how to paint. He was really appreciative and said he would take me up on the offer in the near future. As I got ready to leave he said do you have minute I want to show you a few more items. I said sure and went back into the garage and he had five or six large plastic bins full of mostly dash parts. Several sets of gauge clusters, a few sets of nice sun visors, heat and ac controllers, glove box lids, knobs, etc, etc........bunch-o-parts. He said once he wraps up with the 67 he would call me for all of those parts.
Ya Hoo, Mountain, Dew!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote