View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #163
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

A while back when I was at the U-Pull-It yard there is an extreme S10 up on stands that somebody had already pull the rear axle out of. The leaf springs and rear sway bar we're just hanging there. For around 60 bucks I had a pair of factory lowering springs and 1 inch rear sway bar. I put the rear springs in and then roll the rear end under it. I did not have any leaf spring pads laying around, and I had zero patience to make a temporary set so for now it has two pieces of pinewood and some repurposed 3/8 u bolts that came with an old air bag kit. It won't be seeing any power with the current setup. I still have not decided if I want to go simple with a lowering block, or float the rear end housing and use a torque arm. A lot of that will be determined by how low it sets and how much room I have. I have sway bar links ordered for the back. Once they show up then I can get the mounts made. The front will be really easy, I have a brand new set of GM mounts that normally would go over the 7 and 1/2 in axle tubes. But on this one they line up with the center section. a little reshaping and welding and they'll be just fine. Because it moves the sway bar back about an inch and a half it doesn't quite line up where it would on the shock mount with the factory style but I've got an idea for something that should be easy enough to Fab up.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote