View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #282
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Lead-Foot View Post
Hope all works out well. Learning never stops. As for being neighbors, I'm all for it but my glass will have a stronger brown liquid. Ha, Ha!

Thank for the offer and would really like to have someone who wants to learn.

You can only take your dignity, experiences and your knowledge to the grave...and not much else.

I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer" but having a Dr. tell you...We don't like to do that! What the hell? It's an artificial elbow...it's not an un-tested rocket I built in his back yard while holding a match!

I feel, by experience, I am just being setup for an excuse that will come after my wallet is lighter and he wants to play golf. The guy does hands, elbows and shoulders for a living. I turned 61, not 91.

Best of luck, and I hope I helped a little on a chore a custom builder has to check most of the time, just to be sure. Knowing is better than guessing or finding out when you're in the middle or no where.

Thanks very much for the kind words.
Lead-Foot you have been a great help for sure. I played some more games with my truck this weekend and some more tonight, here is what I found. When trying to get my drive shaft on It would not go into the differential, with the yoke all the way in the tranny, and I mean all the way. seems Im off by like a half an inch or maybe a little less the other night it looked like it would fit perfectly but now it looks like I will have to get the drive shaft cut and reworked anyways, I got a measurement of 70 3/8" from the tranny to differential so this is going to cost me some more time and money, the good news is I got so mad that I decided to take it out on that transmission crossmember and was able to get it loosened after grinding the welds off but its still in there supporting the tranny which still leaves me in square one as I cant get the drive shaft on.

I also discovered something is screwy with my rear lights after getting all wired up I found that when the brakes are applied my reverse light is coming on at my rear right... the rear left Im not sure yet as I didn't have the bulb on it yet and haven't picked some up yet so I need to get that all figured out. Im now working on the front turn signals and marker lights, but lights are the least of my worries I will get that figured out one way or the other.

Lead-Foot I would seriously get a second opinion on that elbow, look online and see what others suggest ? your right 61 is not that old I think there is something out there that can fix it, I know knee replacement is a common thing and my buddies mom had both her knees replaced at the same time and shes pushing 80 you would think elbows would be easier ? anyways just a thought.