Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #460
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Remember when I said you should try to learn something everyday? Well in todays episode of "Notashowtruck/Rustfreetruck" I think I have learned something that no one on the whole board knows.

As we know I bought some NOS Doors because mine had speaker holes and the obligatory rust issues. Well Today I found out that not only are they NOS....BUT they also came with #503 Green paint AND AND they even came with holes for camper mirrors AND AND AND AND of course my favorite....BONDO!!!!!
Yes boys and girls I have the ONLY set of NOS Doors that have paint, pre-drilled for camper mirrors AND BONDO under that black epoxy primer...….. Now please don't be jealous of my doors....I know these are rare birds...LOL Its not funny but at this point I just have to laugh.

My plan was to spread some filler on the passenger door jamb and while it dried I would block the NOS door and hopefully get some epoxy on it...Well as stated above they aren't NOS they are used doors. They are not in bad shape, just not NOS and definitely NOT NOS Prices. Best I can tell is that they had some surface rust and pitting and someone fixed them. Im hoping that the epoxy primer was not an attempt to be dishonest and cover up everything. Besides the camper mirror holes they weren't Fixed because of rusty holes

So spent all day sanding it down to metal, POR 15d where needed, spreading filler where it needed and got it blocked down......I was able to also get the passenger side door jamb to my liking. So it looks like I will do the same to the drivers door...at this point whats one more piece? Then ALL I have left is the front grille support. Its still mounted on the truck but I have sanded what I could ...Mostly the bottom edge is whats left.

I do have a lead on an NOS tailgate from a member on the board and I trust that he wouldn't sell me a used tailgate as NOS....

So enjoy the pics....One thing is for sure...ONCE I do get it all sanded down to metal I will definitely know what is in my truck.

Life is not what happens to you...its how you react!!!!
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote