Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:37 PM   #466
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Did a lil piddlin today...as you can see she is backed in.....and you can see my wonderful helper today...My sisters grandson..Kayden….or my Great Nephew...yep....he Loves Trucks.

Anyways got her backed into the garage...where she is gonna be for awhile. After getting everything sanded down to metal and still not really knowing about the drivetrain not running right, and after replacing the torque convertor 3 times I have decided to completely tear her down, take the motor back to the shop that built it...Randy is gonna go back through the tranny just to make sure( I don't think its the tranny, I think the cam is out of time)
Im not gonna take the cab off the frame but gonna take the drivetrain, wiring, interior etc...out. Gonna get the firewall, inner fenders, and radiator support stripped and painted, get the interior sanded down and primed and ready for color.

My hopes are that by the time I get the motor back that I will have the interior painted and wiring started....Just kinda disheartening that the motor has to come back out...but he is either gonna make it run right or give me my money back.

Will get the glass flanges cleaned up and POR 15 in the next day or so......Then get the firewall, inner fenders, and core support primed and painted. I did find a rusted out spot on the core support that I am gonna try and fix...Inner fenders and firewall wont be bad to strip since all its got on it is some rattle can paint.....the ole oven cleaner trick will do wonders...…...
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote