View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #609
OlySezHey

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

So, obviously, I just found this thread, I'll be getting my own '77 CCLB C20 the end of April, and I'm really grateful to have found this thread AND highly impressed by it's content - thank you SO MUCH for sharing! So much instructional info and vendor/parts recommendations! I'll be using Tamco paints as a result of your testimonial I'll have to get through your other builds to see what I can gleam from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
We are never to old to learn. I try to learn something of value every day. Unfortunately as I grow older, its harder to retain.

1. Thank God for a place like this for us to disguise "notes to self" as educational threads/blogs to the masses

2. Although I like the Cheyenne strip better on yer tailgate, I prefer the newer style side mirrors IMO, but I saw you opted for the '69-'72 mirrors, definitely the best choice (again, IMO)
3. Regarding the rusted rocker; "The exposed insides will be blasted, and neutralized." What do you mean by neutralized? Using a rust converter of some type?
4. Are the new rockers getting welded or glued in?
5. What did you use to clean the Silverado tailgate band? That looks great!
6. I'm impressed how well those rubber hoses cleaned up (oil cooling lines, gas filler tube) I never would have thought that could be done!
7. What kind of chrome cleaner do you use? Turtle wax chrome cleaner seems to work pretty good to me.

I appreciate it if you have the time to answer my questions, other than that, keep on building the dream - it's at least as much encouragement for us as we might be for you
Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21 🙏
'72 GMC C1500 Wide Side Sierra Grande
'77 Chevy C20 CCLB (went to go get it 4/29/19!!!)
'96 Chevy K2500 Ext cab
'97 Chevy K1500 Tahoe (I gotta stop lookin' at CraigsList when I'm bored!)
'57 Chevy 6400 (coolest piece yet )
OlySezHey is offline   Reply With Quote