View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #697
maxx442a1

Re: Post your C/L finds here for all to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Being posted on multiple CL areas doesn’t mean it’s a scam UNLESS it was listed as physically being in both of those locations simultaneously. I see CL posts here in TX all the time for trucks double listed in CA and CO - but the location shows as the same in each ad, ie legit. It’s also hard to be a scam if the seller never responds. I’m not disagreeing - certainly could be a scam, but multi listing and lack of response doesn’t automatically mean it is a scam. As mentioned, I have seen this one listed before also - but I’ve never inquired, so who knows.
No where in my post did I say listing on multiple sites/cities meant it was a scam. This truck has been discussed on several forums and NO ONE has ever gotten a response from the "seller". It has been popping up on C/L all over the country for at least a year. It is simply a way for the scammer to collect phone numbers/email addresses/personal data to sell to telemarketers or commit identity theft.

Kind of like all the ads you see on C/L for 4 or 5 year old cars in perfect condition and they are only asking $1051 for them.

Last edited by maxx442a1; 04-04-2019 at 11:08 AM.
maxx442a1 is offline   Reply With Quote