View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Ken, I know you do a ton of research when you do your builds, so again I am going to try to save you some time by helping out and hoping you have not already done this research.

Previously I mentioned the fuel pump pressure depending on what EFI swap you plan for in the future. The same principle applies to the Fuel Tank Selector Valve. The stock C10 valve is a low pressure rated valve and would work for a TBI system, but not a system requiring more than 20-25 psi of fuel pressure.

Pollak makes a high pressure tank selector valve that works with the high efi pressure requirements. Here is a good refence thread for the dual tanks for use with EFI...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=379708

I am planning a LS swap into Owen's '84 this summer and the intent is to use the dual tanks and have it function as is should stock. At this point, I am leaning to use Jabin Wood's (gmachinz) harness kit he makes for just this type of swap (posts #17 & #18 of the above thread)
Right now I'm just gathering pieces. I know at some point I will have to update or change the components to meet the needs of powertrain I end up with. Until then, I just want to put the components in place.

I "wish" I could build the system once and be done with it. Unfortunately time, resources, and supply wont accommodate that desire.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote