View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #15
Foot Stomper

Re: Block sanding. How am I doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
I have worked at a shop that has won multiple awards including pebble beach for paint every one has there own opinion and what thay Like all high build primer‘s have talc in them some people say they don’t like the slick sand or feather feel because they are full of talc thay call it spray on Bondo hard to sand and you can’t paint over it or it has to be top coated non off this is true if you read the instructions I have used it for twenty years O shrinkage O Die-backs I am the one that said you can sand it down to 600 and I will stand behind it I see cars we panted 15/20 years ago that look like thay were panted yesterday I have not seen a spot putty that did not shrink and if you have used Bondo you’re urethane primer it’s not going to stop diebacks it works fine on straight stuff body shops use it it’s good for production it cost effective but this is my opinion and experience
I read the TDS on feather fill....has anyone else?
Where does it say you can paint it?

There's short cuts and experiments that many put these products through, but unless the TDS says it's ok, it's not.

My many years in the business and factory trained on fillers and several paint companies have taught me this...nonr ever said you can paint body filler.

There's the right way, then there's improv... I chose the manufacturers reccomended procedure over years of experiments.

For clarity, I said finishing putty, not glazing putty which is lacquer based and is not a product I was use anywhere.

Good luck with your project OP.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989

Last edited by Foot Stomper; 04-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote