View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #27
Bluerust

Re: 86 K30 Restomod LS swap AKA Blue Rust

I wen't back and forth on 4.56's and 4.10's and left the 4.56's in the axles. I think Id rather have the 4.56's after test driving it with my tire size of 34+". Toyo AT 315/75r16.

I want to say 60 mph is about 2000 rpm. The 4l80 first gear is not a very fast acceleration from stop but it has a decent downshift and pass from 35-60mph for a stock engine.

I feel like with 4.10's the truck would not be as much fun to drive cruising around but if you have interstates that require 70-80 mph what I have is probably not what you want. If someone had a big block or cummins, that's another story too.

The transmission I had rebuilt, knock on wood, seems to be ok. It shifts quickly under low load but will ride the gear out under acceleration to stay in the powerband and shifts acceptably firm. Shout out to Rory and Sons in VA Beach.

I can hear the 4l80 first gear noise but it seems they are common for that. I went to the PRI race show in Indiana last year and talked to a couple transmission guys, Sonnax, Monster, etc, they all said some noise wasn't necessarily a concern.

Pictured is the Lokar shift rod that seems to work fine after a bit of adjusting. I think I had to lengthen the rod they gave me slightly, probably from the 1" body lift.

Also pictured is the clearance of Improved racing's oil thermostat and the long tubes
Attached Images

Bluerust is offline   Reply With Quote