Thread: 55.2-59 GMC and Chevy mishmash
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #4
Phungki

Re: GMC and Chevy mishmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
the gmc front fenders would interchange with the chevy fenders except for the indentation in the grill surround where the mustache bolts to the grill surround. it would be easy enough to make it work by fabbing your own indentation in the right spot. the holes in the front of the fender, where the chevy marker lights go, are simply plugged with rubber plugs. the fender emblem holes are also wrong but that is a fairly easy fix as well. the US models have a different rad support than the Canadian models but, again, if not going to be a numbers matching truck then assemble the parts with what fits. if you have the mustache parts did you also get the grille parts as well? signal marker lights? the hood is also different in that there is a hole in the front with the GMC emblem. again, the chevy hood should work minus the emblem etc.
depends on what you want in the end I guess. might be harder to find actual gmc stuff than it would be to make the chevy stuff work.
I actually found the correct hood at a swap meet last Sunday. I’m not too worried about the fenders, as you said, they can be made to work. I do not have any of the GMC specific chrome but I am looking. Just as I’m looking for the radiator support, hood latch panel, splash panel and what ever else I’m not aware of. I have yet to get a good look under the hood of one of these trucks to know what I need. Don’t even know what it looks like if I found it.
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote