View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #8
Curtb1971

Re: Corvette pedal issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post
I wonder if the pedal is the issue or if something else is going on. Its puzzling as several people have ran that style pedal as a swap. Should be interesting to see if everything is ok with the truck pedal.

Also since I'm posting I wanted to say I read through your build, it looks nice. I really took notice to your findings on door weatherstrip, I might have to try that swap myself.
When I had the vette pedal in it we did a visual on the opening of the throttle body blade and there was a slight jump open in it with a smooth pedal push. I'm really not up to snuff on the ins and outs with LS's and really just learning as I go so the easiest solution was to install the truck pedal and see what happens. I made a bracket and installed the truck pedal today and I have excellent pedal response. The truck still will need a tune to be 100% so I'll have to wait but at least all the components are compatible now. As far as the weather stripping goes, its a night and day difference between the way my doors close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
Would the corvette reflash put back all the stuff you needed to remove - VATS, etc.?
Thankfully the dealership couldn't burn in the corvette file because the vette vin# was invalid. I need to run a 08 truck base because I have a 04' 4l60e that requires a separate TCM that talks to the ecm (insert Johnny Cash song) Had I ran the 09' 4l80e it would have been possible with some part/sensor changes because the 09 doesn't require the tcm. Big lesson learnt here is the easiest way to do a swap is all the parts from one vehicle
Attached Images

Curtb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote