View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #104
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

A day long awaited...

Last night I went outside to check the grounding wire clip for the dash lights. I Dremel-tooled it and the spot where it attaches, then checked the dash lights. Nothing.
So I began looking at the fuse box for the thousandth time, and I focused on a certain fuse that is marked "TAIL STOP". Since my tail lights only worked with Hazard engaged, and the brake lights had never worked, I decided to investigate this yet again.
Even though I had checked/tested this fuse dozens of times, removed it, Dremel-tooled it, and Dremel-tooled the fuse contact clips (with no result), I decided to pull out all the stops.
I grabbed a work lamp, and my Dremel tool, then removed the TAIL STOP fuse for the umpteenth time. I then used that Dremel tool like a chainsaw. I GROUND the living Hell out of those two fuse connector clips, then replaced it into the slot. Well guess what?
The tail lights and brake lights now FINALLY work!!!!!!!! There was some hidden rust on these clips that I could not see that I decimated with the Dremel tool. I had used it gently before, which is why it continued to not function.
But the South Carolina Dremel-Tool Massacre fixed this PITA issue!!!!
And for some reason the dash lights are also working again!!! (not sure for how long though)
Next up: the horn, dome light, and signal indicator lights!
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 04-22-2019 at 06:25 PM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote