Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #204
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Not much to report, other than a severe case of cabin fever!

I've been studying all the things I need to do on the 48, as I want to get it done first as it is further along. The 54 has taken a back burner in my planning. I was looking at parts and pieces today and I found a piece of the cab windlace channel I had cut off the bad cab. I saw a tool on here that someone made to repair the channel to make it easier to get the rubber in when ready.

Since I have a tall stool at the work bench, a vice, a hacksaw and a file handy I thought it would be a good time to build that tool. I found a piece of flat bar off of something under the workbench just staring at me.
IMG_0023 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr
The piece of the channel I had cut from the bad cab is behind it.

So with my trusty hacksaw and file I cut some grooves in a short piece of the flat bar. I drilled the hole a little larger, and found a bolt to use as a handle.
IMG_0024 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Then I took my piece of channel and my new tool and it works.
IMG_0025 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

I think I can do the drivers side as it is all still welded in place, but I'll have to cut a piece out of the rider's side to do the kick panel replacement, and I don't know if I can save it, but with the tool, I'm hopeful.

Then I was caught in the shop and told to come inside. 1 1/2 more weeks on the crutches with no more than 35 lbs on the foot. Then I'll still have the boot for another 2 weeks, but maybe I can do a little more.
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is online now   Reply With Quote