View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #36
PepperTreeGarage

Re: Something's wrong with this brake part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-rat View Post
Sweet. Good history to know. That's a good souvenir piece on he shop wall. Wow, the sticker is in great shape. Cant read mine. It's so old. My truck use to belong to Lockheed Martin in Alaska. When the truck was retired, some dude bought it and moved to L.A.. my close uncle was working for LAPD after Vietnam and purchased the truck in the late 70s. He was supposed to ticket it but the guy offered to sell it. So my uncle didt ticket it and said he'll be back after his shift. As far back as I can remember, I've always had a thing for this truck. Just last year when I was visiting him, he said "here" and handed me the keys. He said he knows I'll take care of it. Here the Lockheed Martin on the passenger floor.
Wow! Now that's a cool story and history of your truck. Lockheed didn't merge with Martin Marietta until 1995, so your truck was owned by Lockheed back in the day. My father was a Machinist in the Aerospace Industry from the early 60's until retirement. Almost everyone I knew as a kid growing up was connected to Aerospace somehow. My Dad worked for and retired from Garrett AiResearch. Best known for the Garrett Turbo Chargers today.
PepperTreeGarage is offline   Reply With Quote