View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 12:55 AM   #3174
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern 52 View Post
Wouldn't you want to cut on the most vertical parts of the hood possible to minimize offset? I would have thought that would be at the bottom on the sides or as close to that as possible, and the cut wouldn't have to be a straight line, but the nose on the other hand, would be another story altogether. Would a curved line cut actually be stronger and potentially less visible when completed? Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

As for my build, nothing happening lately but a Lokar shifter and a brake pedal mount have both been ordered so I will be back at it soon.
That is the most vertical area. I have starred and starred and starred at this looking for that perfect place to cut, I don't see any place better than this. It curves out at the bottom big time so that's out. The cut down the side is at the level the cowl was cut at, which was very vertical. And as it goes to the front there is just nothing that gets any better.

With your suggestion I will go take another look at it through your eyes and see what I see. I am open for suggestions believe me.

It's tough no doubt about it, it's a toughie.

Tonight I got out there and just ran the tape on the other side. Looked at it more, and I will again tomorrow before I cut it.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote