View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #7
truckin 79

Re: EGR valve testing

Well it was the EGR valve, the old one held no vacuum. Man what a difference changing that EGR out made. The truck actually has power now that I can feel when I press on gas pedal. Before I could press on gas and could not really feel any acceleration. I still have to readjust idle mixture screws again but could not resist taking it for a drive. I feel like I have a whole new truck. Anyone out there with a truck and still have emissions stuff on their truck and it is sluggish, check your EGR valve. Well after getting back from test drive and all psyched to dial in carb once again, I feel something wet and hot hitting my arm. I thought a bird pee'd on me but nope the radiator was spritzing me with anti-freeze. I cant believe it, not another thing I have to replace. Well I go to parts store and description states brass tanks and aluminum fins. I get the radiator and it is plastic tanks aluminum fins but I need it so I replaced. I hope the plastic one holds up.It cost 150 at Autozone so far the only problem I see is the top transmission line was leaking a little but I cranked on it as much as I dare, not wanting to crack plastic tank. So far it looks like it is not leaking. Still have to adjust carb and hit the emission station. Hopefully I pass this time