Old 05-16-2019, 06:30 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Odd Ext/Int Color Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
I usually think odd is colors that clash and shouldn’t be together

What about no contrast !
White on white in a truck doesn’t make much sense ?
I guess that's a "no combo". Remember the smartasses when we were kids saying "White is not a color"? Reminds me of when I was building car models. I'd paint every detail and so did my buddies. Some kids would build w/o a stitch of paint, just glue them together white on white on white on white. We used to give them a hard time .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Replacement parts would have been in the parts division, and leftovers would be destroyed at the GMAD plants. It's pretty sickening to see those parts destroyed, but it's true. I don't think that a dealership would destroy parts. I managed to buy a set of paint break moldings for a painted top for my '64 Malibu SS in '71, when I worked for the dealer.
My friend (older than me) was a body man at a GMC/Cadillac dealership and he was constantly dumpster diving prime parts for decades. It depends on the dealership I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Here is one and was on Ebay for sale the last 6 months or so.
HAPPY EASTER!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote