Thread: 47-55.1 Garage sign
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #8
MARTINSR

Re: Garage sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
But we both had ours when they weren't that popular and we had to show our truck's registration at some street rod events to be allowed in the the 48 and earlier only show.
Yep, I remember a few, NSRA Western Nationals in Santa Maria (81?) a guy asked me "What year is your truck" and I told him "48" and he said "Well it sure looks a lot like my brothers 53!" and then stormed off. LOL

The best was at Andy's Picnic Aug 7th 1977. This would be Andy Brizio of "Andy's Instant T" father of Roy Brizio. The guy at the gate refused to let me in, I said "I have the registration" and went to hand to to him and he said I "faked" it or something. I then walked in and found Andy and he walked back up to the gate and said "Let him in" and the dip wad said "You're the boss." LOL That was the first rod run I ever drove into. So funny, yep, there wasn't a single reproduction part, NOTHING even though there was a ton of stuff for a 55 Ford F-100, there was NOTHING not even rubber or a light or anything for these trucks.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote