View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
robs71

Re: 72 C10 brake problem, need help please

Since you bled system right off the bat I am assuming all bleeders where working..I would get a second person to give you a hand with the following..open both rear bleeders(I use rubber hose that fits over end of bleeder and run into a jar so not to make a mess) start truck or not and depress pedal..it should work nice and easy going to the floor.If it goes down smoothly and fluid dumped into the jars I would say problem could be with the wheel cylinders ..if pedal is hard to push doing this and minimal fluid comes out you know your problem is further front.would do this first at the rear as you stated front calipers where checked out.Also make sure your parking brake is functioning on/off correctly with rear tires off the ground.Another test witch can me messy(get plenty of rags)...pull the cover off master cylinder and gently!!! push down on pedal it should go down nice and smooth,,do not push to hard or fluid will push out and make a mess..with hood open you should be able to watch through the gap to see fluid push up..if this works and pedal feels like it drops with no resistance you have ruled this out as problemREMEMBER GENTLEY PUSH or have a buddy hold a rag over open master cylinder.3 checks you can do without spending $$ Rob.........

Last edited by robs71; 05-17-2019 at 03:11 PM.
robs71 is offline   Reply With Quote