View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #8
dug224

Re: Frame swap Trailblazer/Taskforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe2000 View Post
In 2017, I brought 1956 chevy truck short bed stepside. This is my 2nd project but by no means am I a professional or expert. I am self-taught by y'all guys on Google. Finally I have time to work on the truck.

I was inspired by Dug`58, Dsraven and others to do this trailblazer frame swap. I sold 56' frame and brought 2002 trailblazer for $1500. After reading other trends, I decided to use the Trailblazer complete body and engine wiring. That way I'll dont worry about Pcm wiring and wiring headaches. I'll be use the same powerful inline engine. I am worrying about the instrument clusters functions. Any ideas? When the time comes.

The plan: complete restoration of the cab only (body, mechanically, electrical and all). Currently, I am test fitting the brake and steering wheel assembly.
Here are some past pics.
Gotta agree with JOEDOH on his unfired to fired comment. You are taking, in my opinion, a better route. When I started mine, I had nothing to go buy except the "Lingenfelter's 1955 Chevy Stepside". Was too blinded by all the fun to step back and really think it all the way thru. Reality set in when I was a bit too far down the road to start over and I had an opportunity to buy a late model low mile wrecked Trailblazer SS (mentioned in my thread) for, I think, about $1,800. Would have been a straight body swap. Still having all the fun I can stand but I would have been driving it a few years ago had I gone your route. By the way, my truck stops and handles really well. Hard to keep the one wheel burnouts from occurring. Looking good!!
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote