View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 01:49 AM   #13
EVRLET

Re: new to me...97 tahoe 4x4...

C-Notch = I’m a believer in notches and have used C-Notches and under bed notches for every 97 and up Chevy truck that I do flip kits on. No different here. Used the Belltech notch and installed air shocks.

Are notches required...depends. Some flip kits only drops 5” and a notch isn’t required. You can always get the flip kit, install it, and then see how much room you have and determine if you need a notch.

Yes, you can reclock the factory key but it can only go so far. The ride will be super crappy if you max out the torsion. But if you want to see how it looks lowered, then go for it. You will need the tool.

There are drop keys, but it is also limited in reclocking distance. That’s why I bought the Maxxcam adjustable torsion key. Read about how torsion bar suspensions work and what the key actually does. Then you’ll understand why the Maxxcam key has the center adjustable cog.

And yes, my 4x4 is still fully functional.

You will always find people that say don’t do this or that. Sure, the way torsion suspensions work, you’re manipulating engineering by reclocking the key. Does that mean it becomes a death trap? Hell no. My Tahoe rides just as smooth as it was at factory height. I customize my trucks and some people hate it. They even say the ride quality is garbage, but never even rode in my truck. I have a Porterbuilt 67, Belltech 1997 truck, Belltech 1999 Tahoe, and a McGaughy 2001 Silverado that have all been lowered and the ride quality is awesome. Two each their own...

Last edited by EVRLET; 05-22-2019 at 02:04 AM.
EVRLET is offline   Reply With Quote