Thread: 55.2-59 Rock Auto Problem
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: Rock Auto Problem

"rock auto" is only a facilitator for a collective of independent auto parts stores (its the hubs, not the smaller stores). its the same way you can search salvage yards at car-part.com. except rock auto can access the inventory of the hub, negotiate the sale and shipping, and then takes a small percentage for themselves for arranging drop shipping from the hub. so you are really at the mercy of the integrity of the hub.

lately I order from amazon, the price is the same or even cheaper once you figure the free shipping. its the same deal, amazon is the facilitator, but they also punish harshly for non performance. I worked in a retail electronics company and we were always bending over (backwards? forwards? you decide) for amazon.

as soon as you said saturday delivery, I knew there would be a problem. a lot of unscrupulous delivery drivers work saturdays and dont get to go home till they finish their routes. they will see a delivery that is way off their route or in a PITA location, and they will "deliver it" without being anywhere close, and then make a note to deliver it another day. if I see I have a saturday delivery date, I call and request a monday, because I live 1 mile north of town on a dead end almost rural street, not a lot of delivery trucks make it this far out and on saturday I have "lost" a fair number of things on saturdays.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote