Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #5965
LeesTruk

Re: Restoring Rusty

Nice to see you joining the LS community. I also am running an LM7/4L60e combo. Yer gonna love it!! I'm sure you've done your research before jumping into this project. Here's a couple of tips for you. The truck exhaust manifolds won't fit, not unless you want to do some frame surgery. Get yourself some Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier v8 manifolds. No slicing, no dicing, a simple bolt-on. AND... your down pipes will bolt right up to them. Check your rear gear ratio. I found that with a 3:08 gear, my RPM's @ 70/75mph were around 1600. The LS motors like to rev. You can use your existing gauge senders simply by drilling/tapping the pass. head and original oil pressure sender base. The PCM sends a 4cyl. tach signal so you'll have to see if your aftermarket tach can be changed for that, and most likely the tach is gonna need a pull-up resistor to function. Also, does your aftermarket speedo operate mechanically or electrically? If mechanical, your gonna need some sort of electro mechanical adaptor (check Speedhut) as the 4L60E uses a speed sensor that tells the PCM your speed, and the PCM tells the trans when to shift. You gotta have that. The swap is a definite learning experience, but well worth the effort. Tejas Steelworks has a nice guide you can use (free, online) to help you along the way.

Last edited by LeesTruk; 05-27-2019 at 04:07 PM.
LeesTruk is offline   Reply With Quote