View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #11
cashforclunkers

Re: "Big Red" 69'/04' GMC crew cab duramax dually manual solid axle...build

A few tiny updates.

I took a picture of the suburban spid and ran the vin against lmc's catalog. Its actually a 1970. So I updated the title of the build.

I found some parts on Ebay. Paid for by selling parts on the forums (thanks everyone). Got a better grill and some 3500 emblems.

Did some maintenance to the big red donor truck. Replaced king pins, bushings and seals. Added a camber shim to the driver side spindle. Replaced wheel bearings (because I dropped the old ones in the dirt). Added a steering stabilizer and a tailpipe. Put my 35's back on and selling the 37's. Changed the oil, replaced a door handle.

My fiancee's dad gave me a little yard trailer that will fit under the suburban cab much better so I can (more easily) work on it and wheel it around than on the current one. The problem with my 4x8 is the width and height of the tires/fenders interferes with the rockers and it has to be blocked way up in the air to fit.

I plan to haul my bobcat back down to the suburban's PO's field and get my free truck cab and return his wagon wheels this week. I will post an update at that time.

I'm thinking it will be better to build the rear doors and then fit the cab around them. So I may start on those if I ever get ahead of my 50 projects this summer which includes finishing our new house and building a new shop.

71' K10 stepside build
70'/04' GMC Crew cab project build
Bunch of parts for sale
Burb parts for sale
cashforclunkers is offline   Reply With Quote