View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #1062
MP&C

Re: 55 Wagon Progress

Well it's been rather hectic around the home front as E is nearing graduation. Seems like yesterday she was showing me how to properly wet sand bare foot..

For shop activity, Mike has been working on a sign for a "Drummer's Lounge", since we had the wire edging tool already made up for the Biederman, he used that to give the outside bands of the arrow the beaded look...

CAD drawing:

Parts is parts:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y47I...ature=youtu.be

Meanwhile, I've been block sanding, and priming.... here the rear kick panels are now ready for upholstery...

I did break out the Meco torch again the other day to get the dust off....

This first coupon shows how Peter Tommasini teaches tacking in gas welding. Tack a spot, then the next is placed where the HAZ (blue ring) touches the seam between the halves. And repeat. Note how this method leaves an almost perfect HAZ for minimal distortion..

And we had a blowout. Don't stop, keep going and come back to it.. This is fusion welded, no filler, front side shown first, then back side

Stephen has been mocking up the power windows in the front doors so we can side step all the components and find a good location for our speakers. No pictures yet, I'll get some this week...