View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 06:58 AM   #983
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

The '59 spent the night away from the house at the glass shop. When I pickup today or tomorrow, it will have a front and back window. Had to drive it about 5 miles at 35 mph to get it there. Interesting how nerve racking that is having never driven it more than a few feet in and around the neighborhood. Nothing broke or leaked as far as I can tell.

Getting down to a pretty short list. Installed the spray nozzles in the hood. The unit sprays the water so hard through the 4 nozzles it hits the tail gate!! This is after pumping it through 10' of tubing. Water temperature sending unit and windshield wipers are next. I'll get a tag after that.

Over the years, I've kept pretty good records on what I have spent on this project which is usually not a good idea. Early on, I projected between $10k and $12k. The only labor I remember buying is tire installation, media blasting, driveshaft shortening and glass installation. I did not track man-hours.

$9,614 Spent to date
$2,430 Projected remaining expenditures
$12,044 Total

Projected expenditures includes stuff like side glass, A/C, seals, sound deadening, door repair sheet metal, etc...
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote