Thread: LS swap advice
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #6
cfan10

Cool Re: LS swap advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
You wont need a trans adapter..the 700r4 will bolt up to the LS...you will need the correct flex plate though..
Simple is dbc....
Look for holley,LS3 ,or tbss manifolds...the work on square bodys...
Although the 4.8 can be made to produce big hp I think in the burb youd be happier with a 5.3......6.0s and 6.2s are $$$$
You can get a new harness for a couple hundred bucks...theres a thread here recently on it...
Thanks I was just thinking about the weight of the suburban, I drove a '16 gmc Sierra with the 4.8 loved the drive but compared to a '14 gmc van 6.0 it was really sluggish.

What are the years to avoid with ls engines? I'm looking on Craigslist for wrecked or possibly just bad transmission and the local junkyard.
Which the last time I went to the junkyard there was a guy who pulled 6.2 out of a caddy ahead of me in line, I know I heard $179 and he had accessories on it. No computer but not a bad price.
Rest In Peace:Mikhail {Mickey Rooney} Alpha 2/5/13 Omega 7/22/14 10:28AM I love you tremendously and outragiously Superpuppi Thai Ridgeback...The most intelligent dog known to me.
Don't mess with my truck, my momma or my money...not necessarily in that order. ©
Stand for something or fall for anything.
[LIST][*]'98 Bourbon St. Brawl ©2010
cfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote