Thread: LS swap advice
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #10
cfan10

Cool Re: LS swap advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
I am going to throw this one out there. Look up the LV3 4.3 V6 in the new Silverado's.

My 2018 crew cab has that engine, and it scoots along great. I have the 3.23 factory gears, and plan is to go to 3.73 or 3.91 in fall. I have towed almost 7000 pounds with it, and it did better then tuned 4.8. My truck like your Burb is not a small women.

It is un-loved so you can get the whole thing cheap, but you need to getbthen6 speed with it. That is 1/2 the magic of this combo.
The low miles coupled with the prices some are under 2k with accessories. The wiring is a concern for me, waiting to hear back from a seller on ebay its a '15 year model. Insurance auctions may be a better option considering I need a new interior for the suburban anyway. Thanks!
Rest In Peace:Mikhail {Mickey Rooney} Alpha 2/5/13 Omega 7/22/14 10:28AM I love you tremendously and outragiously Superpuppi Thai Ridgeback...The most intelligent dog known to me.
Don't mess with my truck, my momma or my money...not necessarily in that order. ©
Stand for something or fall for anything.
[LIST][*]'98 Bourbon St. Brawl ©2010
cfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote